Kate Nisbet knew her front door needed a makeover when she first bought her Raleigh home in Midtown’s Lakemont neighborhood. But the home’s neutral exterior—white painted brick, black shutters and grey roof—gave her a blank canvas to give the entry a pop of color. The new aqua door is the perfect shade to offset any seasonal décor and adds whimsy to this mid-century rancher. The door itself features a herringbone pattern.
1. Black and Glass Storm Door: Capital City Lumber Company
2. Color Valspar: Holiday Dress
3. Copper Lantern: Habitat Restore (This copper fixture was rescued from a teardown, requiring a lot of elbow grease, but worth the effort. $35 ($450 new).
4. Door Hardware and knocker: Baldwin Brass from Lowe’s $119 knocker, $169 door hardware
5. Metal wall art: Market Imports at State Farmer’s Market
6. Aqua front porch planters with bee detail: Market Imports $35-$40
7. Flowers and plants: Atlantic Avenue Garden Center
8. Doormat: Smith & Hawken for Target $25