Share this Post
Contemplating bold decor? Check out designer Leigh Mosby’s North Raleigh townhome living room. Owner of MLM interiors and selections coordinator for Legacy Custom Homes, Mosby nailed her design with pops of pink, golds and greens.
Her inspiration comes from spending time at West Virginia’s renowned resort, The Greenbrier, influenced by mid-century tastemaker Dorothy Draper.
Bold colors and patterns mix with neutrals to play the high and low scale throughout the room. The fabric on the sofa pillow was the inspiration, and she built from there.
Top 3 tips for going bold:
1. Pick a neutral background to anchor your room;
2. Pick two to three color choices and repeat throughout the room; too many will distract.
3. Go with what you love and what makes you happy.
Remember: Your room should be a reflection of you; let your personality shine through in your design and you can’t go wrong.
1. All upholstery: Century Furniture
2. Sofa: fabric & pillows (green w/blue medallions) – both by Century. Retail: $3,350. Printed pillows (26” Chinoserie scene): Manuel Canovas- Dara-Turquoise $200/yd retail.
3. Pink chair: Fabric: Robert Allen, Bend-the Rules-Fuchsia, Retail: $99.90/yd Chair: $1,650 retail.
4. Teal chair: Fabric: Robert Allen, Bedrock-Viridian Retail: $80/yd; Chair: $2,241 retail.
5. Draperies: Printer’s Alley $200/pair of panels (retail).
6. Cocktail table: purchased from Greenfront, made by Worlds Away. Approx: $695
7. End tables: Dorothy Draper (Espana bunching chest inspired) from LaChiffonaire Raleigh.
8. Ballet Table Lamps, Currey & Co, Retail: $468 each.
9. Rug: Eatman’s Carpet- Antelope 6’x9’ Retail: $995.
Share this Post