It may be cold outside but there’s nothing like a touch of blue to transport you away to the clear skies and shimmering sea waters of summer—even if it’s only in your mind. Snuggle down under a blue cotton quilt, put your feet up on a luxurious ottoman or simply warm up a room with a funky bowl, an aquamarine bottle or a fishy plate. You’ll be warm again before you know it.
2. Solar outdoor lantern, $26.95; Form & Function
3. Paddywax Driftwood + Indigo soy wax candle (12 oz.), $25.95; Form & Function
4. Swirl bowl, $68; Zest Café & Home Art
5. Blenko handcrafted bottle, $48; Zest Café & Home Art
6. Fish plate, $12; Affordable Chic
7. Asian custom pillow, $34; Affordable Chic
8. Handmade pottery coaster set (4), $38.95; Form & Function
9. Hogan ottoman 23.6 x 18.7 x 23.6, $199; Target
—Laurie Lebetter, affordablechicshops.com
I love the depth and richness of this provocative, royal blue color. It would be a beautiful, bold choice as a glossy island in a kitchen for a splash of color paired with white perimeter cabinets. Blueblood would have a lovely, reflective quality in lacquer or super high gloss for dining room, living room or
powder room walls.
—Carole Marcotte, Form & Function, formandfunctionraleigh.com
Royal Blue can be a strong color that dominates the color palette of a room. Behr’s Deep Royal has a bit more subtle feeling that will still provide a bright pop of color, but will easily complement other neutral colors in your home!
—Beth Bridgers, Beyond Blue Interiors
When I realized how much my client loved Royal Blue I painted her front door with Benjamin Moore’s “Blue #2066-10.” It’s a true royal blue, it’s deep, bold and oh so cozy, it also adds a hint of Americana to any space!
— Tula Summerford, Design by Tula, designbytula.com