It may be cold outside but there’s nothing like a touch of blue to transport you away to the clear skies and shimmering sea waters of summer—even if it’s only in your mind. Snuggle down under a blue cotton quilt, put your feet up on a luxurious ottoman or simply warm up a room with a funky bowl, an aquamarine bottle or a fishy plate. You’ll be warm again before you know it.
2. Solar outdoor lantern, $26.95; Form & Function
3. Paddywax Driftwood + Indigo soy wax candle (12 oz.), $25.95; Form & Function
4. Swirl bowl, $68; Zest Café & Home Art
5. Blenko handcrafted bottle, $48; Zest Café & Home Art
6. Fish plate, $12; Affordable Chic
7. Asian custom pillow, $34; Affordable Chic
8. Handmade pottery coaster set (4), $38.95; Form & Function
9. Hogan ottoman 23.6 x 18.7 x 23.6, $199; Target
—Laurie Lebetter, affordablechicshops.com
I love the depth and richness of this provocative, royal blue color. It would be a beautiful, bold choice as a glossy island in a kitchen for a splash of color paired with white perimeter cabinets. Blueblood would have a lovely, reflective quality in lacquer or super high gloss for dining room, living room or
powder room walls.
—Carole Marcotte, Form & Function, formandfunctionraleigh.com
Royal Blue can be a strong color that dominates the color palette of a room. Behr’s Deep Royal has a bit more subtle feeling that will still provide a bright pop of color, but will easily complement other neutral colors in your home!
—Beth Bridgers, Beyond Blue Interiors
When I realized how much my client loved Royal Blue I painted her front door with Benjamin Moore’s “Blue #2066-10.” It’s a true royal blue, it’s deep, bold and oh so cozy, it also adds a hint of Americana to any space!
— Tula Summerford, Design by Tula, designbytula.com
This rich, deep shade of blue maintains the blue qualities, even in low light. It is rich, never gaudy, never too dark. This color works in any room where a sense of sophistication and calm is desired.
—Paula Fullerton, Sew Fine II, sewfine2.com