Share this Post
Deep cobalt blue accessories bring a richness to any room, making your space feel lavish without breaking the bank. Like black or white, cobalt blue pairs easily with other colors. It’s the perfect color for a statement wall.
1.Tozai art vase, $214; For Your Convenience
2. Howard Elliott jar, $59.95; Inspirations
3. Willow Blue & White hand drawn/painted 5”x7” frame, $50; For Your Convenience
4. Petite planter 4” x 5”, $28; For Your Convenience
5. Wine bottle, $3.95; Inspirations
6. Zodax polka dot wine glass, $22 each; For Your Convenience
7. Blue oval platter, $45; Zest Cafe and Home Art
8. ZM Home luxe arm chair, $269.99; Target
9. Monkey vases set/2, $99.95; The Shops at 1700
10. Ervin Edward pillow 22” x 22”, $195 for a pair; For Your Convenience
11. African handwoven basket, $45; The Shops at 1700
12. Finger bowl with geometric swirls, $6.95; Zest Cafe and Home Art
13. Turtle dish, $15.95; Nofo
The key to selecting the right shade of blue for a project, is selecting the perfect white to complement it. The most obvious inspiration could be in the colors of the Israeli flag, which dates back to almost 1891. I recently used a particularly darker shade of blue with Sherwin Williams, Salty Dog (#9177) in a North Raleigh master bedroom I designed. Paired with Sherwin Williams, Extra White (#7006) for the base board trim, all the other decorative elements of the space then seemed to flow seamlessly together…from the blue tape and soft white custom Schumacher drapes and bolster pillow, the white background of the Queen of Spain wallpaper on the ceiling, to the thick creamy braid of the custom cut Stanton rug and the white Ralph Lauren bedding with blue fret detail.
—Antoine A. Pontón, AP Designs, AntoinePonton.com
Calypso SW 6950 has always reminded me of Hanukkah. Why does blue represent Hanukkah: It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
— Tula Summerford, Design by Tula, designbytula.com
Benjamin Moore’s Evening Blue 2066-20 has a touch of royal and would look fabulous on dining chairs surrounding a white table or featured as an accent color on a kitchen island. It’s also a bold choice for walls in a dining room or cozy office setting.
— Carole Marcotte, The Shops at 1700, formandfunctionraleigh.com
My favorite shade of blue is Blueberry 2063-30 from Benjamin Moore. This blue can make a room come to life with visual energy. Blue is known to bring down your blood pressure and heart rate so why not? It works well with a room that gets a lot of natural light and works well with white accents and furniture.
—Julie Flournoy, For Your Convenience
Share this Post