Share this Post
Orange you glad this bright and cheery color is finally having a moment? Add fun, decorative pops of orange to an otherwise neutral room and lift the spirits of all who enter there.
1. ADS Murano glass mango vase, $38; Form and Function
2. James Studio large cachepot, $33.99; small cachepot, $24.99; Inspirations
3. The Essential Bar Book by Jennifer Fiedler, $19.99; Form and Function
4. Ervin Edwards Design Buddha pillow, $195; For Your Convenience
5. “Bundle of Carrots” by Deb Hauser 13” x 7”, $195; For Your Convenience
6. Boston International carrot plate, $19.95; Zest
7. Glass spiral bowl, $59, Zest
8. Mangiacotti clementine shea butter soap, $9.50; For Your Convenience
9. Decorative large bowl, $85; Form and Function
10. Indoor/outdoor lattice rug 5’ 3” x 7’6”, $135.99: Target
11. Christopher Knight Home Mervynn mid-century recliner, $305; Target
With the color of the year being True Blue, there is no better accent color to go with than orange…and for me, it has to be as close to Hermès orange as possible, which I always find to be Invigorate, by Sherwin Williams.
— Antoine A. Pontón, Principal-AP Designs, LLC, AntoinePonton.com
Outrageous Orange is a bold hue. It usually is not the first color that comes to mind when designing a room, but a well-placed pop of orange can add warmth to any space. Outrageous Orange is an expressive shade, full of energy and joie de vivre!
— Tula Summerford, Design by Tula, designbytula.com
Great in a room with lots of windows and the ceiling and carpet are ivory white. Throw in blue accents … I see a vase full of blue hydrangea and accent pillows in navy blue.
— Sandy Maccioli, Awesome Abode, Inspirationsraleigh.com
I like to use Benjamin Moore’s Orange Burst #2015-20. It is perfect for an active space in need of a strong color. Use it on an accent wall to motivate and inspire.
—Deborah Cain, Inspirations Raleigh, inspirationsraleigh.com
My favorite shade of orange these days is Sherwin Williams Hearty Orange SW6622. Nothing beats this deep, reddish-orange color for upping the cozy factor in a room. It reminds me of breathtaking sunsets. Consider Hearty Orange for the laundry room, an accent wall behind a bed or your front door.
—Sally Williams, Colorful Concepts Interior Design, colorfulconceptsinteriordesign.com
Orange adds excitement and energy to a room. It is dramatic when used with bright white cabinets or furniture. Royal blue and fuchsia accents are bold and beautiful with this color. Try it in a full gloss in a small area, an accent wall or painting furniture.
— Julie Flournoy, For Your Convenience
A little bit goes a long way with bold colors. Try adding to a bathroom ceiling, interior door, or accent furniture. This playful shade of orange will add a splash of happiness to any home!
— Vicky Serany, Southern Studio, southernstudio.com
Share this Post