Share this Post
The best way to add glitz and glam to your home is with stylish gold accents. Figurines add quirky flair without being too tacky, while lamps, picture frames and candle holders fit seamlessly into any room, adding just enough pizzazz to draw attention without distracting from the rest of your interior.
1. Bulldog statue, $39.95; Inspirations
2. Glitter hex volcano candle, $36.95; Zest
3. Large clam shell, $46; For Your Convenience
4. Two’s Company leaf tray, $4.95; Zest
5. “Vintage Living” by Bob Richter, $45; Shops at 1700
6. Leather pillow, $49; Inspirations
7. Vintage lamp, $95; Shops at 1700
8. Lion salt and pepper shakers, $18; Shops at 1700
9. Bardan floral area rug 5’ x 8’, $329.99; Target
10. “Fruit of the Kings,” $450; For Your Convenience
11. Pineapple bookend, $49; Shops at 1700
12. Two’s company leaf photo frame, $48; For Your Convenience
13. Zodax apple figurine, $24; For Your Convenience
Auric is a deep, rich color that pairs well with other vibrant colors like fuchsia and tealy blues. Pop in some white elements for relief and you have a fun, playful palette.
—Carole Marcotte, The Shops at 1700, formandfunctionraleigh.com
Alchemy is a rich, modern gold with green undertones. Bold accents of this color, paired with a deep navy or rich plum, would add a zesty splash to any space.
— Elizabeth O’Neal, Southern Studio, southernstudio.com
Gold is a great way to integrate color in a muted, almost neutral way.
— Tula Summerford, Design by Tula, designbytula.com
My gold paint color is Bryant Gold HC-7 from Benjamin Moore. Gold tones make a room look warm and elegant. I love it with bright white accents for a more modern look.
— Julie Flournoy, For Your Convenience
If you’re truly going to do a ‘rich gold’ finish to any surface or piece of furniture, then the only way to go is with a gilded 14 carat gold leaf paint, that can be found at most any hobby or hardware store …
I think Krylon even makes it in a spray can!
— Antoine A. Pontón, Principal-AP Designs, LLC, AntoinePonton.com
Share this Post