Share this Post
We don’t know about you, but we’re exhibiting a whole lot of excitement for International Museum Day May 18. And what better way to prepare yourself for a museum-hop than to check your knowledge on Raleigh’s must-see museums. … You’re gonna have to really use-eum your brain for this one!
1. Raleigh has been dubbed the “Smithsonian of the South” thanks to its abundance of museums and historical attractions—NTM passion for art, history and science. Which of these Raleigh museums is the
oldest, built in 1769?
a. North Carolina Museum of Art
b. Pope House Museum
c. NC Museum of History
d. Joel Lane Museum House
2. We hope you’re not scared of ghosts! One of the most haunted homes in North Carolina, the Mordecai House was featured on what popular paranormal TV show?
a. Ghost Hunters
b. Ghost Adventures
c. A Haunting
d. Haunted History
3. A dino-mite exhibit is coming to Raleigh’s NC Museum of Natural Sciences Museum in 2023 and the hype is real. What two dinos will Dueling Dinosaurs put a spotlight on?
a. Triceratops and velociraptor
b. Velociraptor and spinosaurus
c. T. rex and triceratops
d. T. rex and velociraptor
4. The only African American house museum in North Carolina, Pope House Museum explores the life of Dr. Manassa Thomas Pope, the only African American man to run for which office of a Southern capital during the Jim Crow Era?
a. City manager
b. City council member
d. City planner
5. Children have been flocking to Marbles Children’s Museum to “use their marbles” and play to their heart’s content since 2007. How many marbles are wrapped around the museum’s night-lit three-story marble wall?
b. 1 million
c. 1.5 million
d. 2 million
6. Located on the second floor of one of the largest Harley-Davidson dealerships in the U.S., Raleigh is home to the ___ Harley-Davidson drag racing museum in the world.
7. Don’t go chasing… rivers? The NC Museum of History’s current exhibit River Bridge: Sunken Secrets examines the history of a trade port on what NC river?
a. Neuse River
b. French Broad River
c. Pasquotank River
d. Cape Fear River
8. CAM Raleigh was originally a warehouse built for Allen Forge & Welding Company before it was purchased and revitalized by the contemporary art museum in 1997. How much did CAM pay for the building?
1. D; 2. A; 3. C; 4. C; 5. B; 6. A; 7. C; 8. B
Share this Post