Share this Post
Cate Holcombe Interiors reimagines this local den into a rich and inviting retreat. Peep the inspiration, palette and local wares so you can bring the look into your own home.
If fall had a look it would have to be this nook Cate Holcombe Interiors installed as part of a larger refresh of a brick colonial in Country Club Hills. The rich, cozy and inviting deep teal den was designed to help the clients max the usage of their space after they unexpectedly found their dream home midpandemic and made the move.
“We wanted to provide a space for the parents to retreat to and host friends in the evenings,” says owner Holcombe. “The client generally leans toward classic blue and white, but the idea was for this room to stand apart from the others while still relating to the rest of the house.” Holcombe and her team took inspo from the clients’ vision and furnishings to create this custom space.
Here, we asked Holcombe for the inside scoop on how to source items from the room in our own homes so you can “reinvent the teal.” Prices available upon request, cateholcombe.com
1. Paint color, Sherwin-Williams Tempe Star SW 6229
2. Custom drapes, by Karen Saks, to the trade only, sourced through Cate Holcombe Interiors
3. Head planter, Anthropologie
4. Candlefish, Anthropologie
5. Vintage Florentine gold tray (on top of the chest), Hunt & Gather
6. Antique George III chest, Pigfish Lane Antiques
7. Custom furniture and pillows, to the trade only, sourced through Cate Holcombe Interiors
8. Monstera plant (bottom right), Logan’s Garden Shop
Share this Post