Share this Post
Get the most out of your wardrobe using a bold color wheel!
Just like in fine art, fashion can explode with color. Don’t be afraid of it! Instead, embrace bold shades for summer. We try to make it a little simpler by showing how fashion relates to a traditional color wheel. There are three primary colors—red, yellow and blue—with secondary shades filling the gaps in between. Seeing the spectrum of hues can make mixing shades more palatable.
Instead of pairing a bold yellow with neutral shades like white, glance across the color wheel and go with a contrasting hue, like a bright royal blue. Look at different shades within the same color family and experiment. The color combinations are endless so be adventurous. Your mantra can be bright and bold!
This season color is everywhere. You’ll find handbags in canary yellow and emerald green, sandals in electric orange and royal blue, and jewelry in a rainbow of shades. If you’re hesitant to invest in a bright ensemble, at least accessorize with bold color.
And, men, you can include color in your wardrobe too, and it doesn’t just have to be with shirts. Jeans are available in a spectrum of shades, including yellow, red, teal and more.
1. Sympli boat neck T in Lipstick, $110; Kristen’s
2. Franco Sarto Jeanette orange suede heel, $89; Main & Taylor
3. Bobi Sunrise strapless dress, $74; Kristen’s
4. Splendid Sun Sational swimsuit, $108; Monkee’s of Raleigh
5. Frederic yellow square bag, $270; C.T. Weekends
6. Red drop earrings, $55; Kendra Scott
7. Sam Edelman Hudson mini bag, $128; Kristen’s
8. Liverpool Piper red pant, $96; C.T. Weekends
9. Sam Edelman Felicia hot pink flat, $100; Main & Taylor
10. Halo Mermaid dress, $328; Uniquities
11. Parakian draped top, $148; C.T. Weekends
12. Gossip Purple Watch, $25; Reliable Loan and Jewelry
13. Tribal Slash shorts in diva blue, $69; Kannon’s Women
14. Tory Burch Miller sandal, $195; Main & Taylor
15. Beaded chandelier earrings, $60; Monkee’s of Raleigh
16. Liverpool Sienna Fanfare capri, $70; C.T. Weekends
17. GI New York Hampton tote, $240; Kristen’s
18. Amanda Uprichard Jungle azura dress, $235; Monkee’s of Raleigh
19. Joy Joy green top, $44; Kannon’s Women
20. Lilla | P button down tunic, $148; Kristen’s
21. Max Debraine long drop circle necklace, $300; C.T. Weekends
22. Butter Tillie yellow flat, $210; Main & Taylor
Share this Post